Monday 10 June 2019

IT'S A SCORCHER HERE TODAY.

I've been whining and complaining for weeks about how cold it is.  This spring has been an interminable stop and start and stop again.  Well, we have had a few hot days this past week and today it is very very hot.  

My daughter has come out for another visit.  Just a break and a distraction before her surgery on Wednesday.  


This is the kind of HOT that triggers a thunderstorm, and of course, it did.  All hell broke loose Friday night.  It was a noisy windy night.  We got some hail and lost power here for about 5 hours.  But apparently, Gimli got it worse.  The hangars that we all store our boats in sustained some serious damage.  Hangar 1 lost the whole roof and hangar 2 where our boat is, lost part of the roof. Some boats were damaged, but we got lucky ours is fine.  The last we heard, the power is still out in the area, as a few poles are down, so we will wait till tomorrow to take a look.  And I will add any photos then. 

  
Saturday was cool and damp it took a long time for all that water to seep in.  We had puddles all over our whole yard. I got my little stacked pots planted. 


Well today the sun broke through and I got some more bedding plants planted, in my urns and in my little wagon, so at least I accomplished something and the weekend wasn't a complete washout.   




MAYBE SPRING IS TURNING INTO SUMMER





No comments:

Post a Comment